top of page

Report a Loss/Claim

Contact your VTF Crop Insurance Agent

To report your loss/claim, please contact Courtney Rolfes or Matt VanTilburg at 419-586-3077. Once your agent has submitted your claim, a claims adjuster will contact you and take over the claim from there.  The agent may check on the status of the claim, but is removed from the claim otherwise

Notice of Provison

  • For a planted crop, when there is damage or loss of production, you must give us notice by unit, within 72 hours of your initial discovery of damage or loss of production.  Notice of Loss can not be reported 15 days after the end of the insurance period (December 10 of current year), even if you have not harvested the crop.

  • For crops that have a revenue protection coverage, if there is no damage or loss of production, you must give us notice no later than 45 days after the harvest price is released for any crop in the unit where the revenue loss has occurred.

  •  For crops which are prevented from being planted due to an insurable cause of loss, for example, a flood, notice must be provided within 72 hours after the final planting date or the time the producer determines it is not possible to plant during any applicable late-planting period.

Failure to contact our office or your agent to report a timely loss could result in non-payment. 

We want to ensure that your loss is turned in timely, the adjuster is contacted and the claim is completed so you receive your payment. 


Do not destroy evidence that is needed to support your claim without clear direction from the insurance company, preferably in writing.

bottom of page